Sunday, April 10, 2011

Proposal For Long Essay 2

Long essay #2
Kayla Parks
Symbols in the Handmaids Tale
Guiding questions: Why is detail so important to her? Do all the details in the story symbolise anything? Does she have repetitive details?
In he story the handmaids tale there is quite a bit of attention given to detail all around, from the dresses she wears to the shoe laces from a memory. For my Long essay number two i want to point out details that symbolize different meanings, also I want to point out any repetitive details that might connect the stories better.
This will help me better understand all of the little things rather than just the whole story. Also i will progress my knowledge in attention to detail which I tend to struggle with.
Doing this will challenge me a lot more than the usual papers and will help me grasp details for the Handmaids ale and future books or stories.
For the research aspect of the story i will have to look up facts the symbolize or what the symbols

mean and try to find trends within my research. I feel like the research will give me a greater

understanding of the story as well because I will know exactly what she means with repetitive

symbols or just some of her symbols in general. This topic may seem broad but that is why I want to

try and focus more on repetitive symbols rather than all of them. I will research repetitive symbols

throughout the Handmaids tale and give definition to their meanings.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment